I never thought I'd find myself saying this several times a day. Now that I do, I can't believe how lucky our entire team is. If there's one thing that makes working on Smooch awesome, it's seeing what people around the world are building with our messaging platform.
Right now, thousands of developers and over 4 million of their end users around the world use Smooch. Until now, only a subset of these developers had access to the full power of our messaging platform.
Today, we're ecstatic to open up the REST API to everyone, and we can't wait to see the awesome things you'll build with it.
What's in the API?
Smooch's REST API provides access to conversations and the users who partake in them. You can use it to extend your app, add greater intelligence and automation to your conversations, and even to build an integration with your own CRM or communication platform.
- Webhooks : Get notified instantly whenever a conversation is updated. They can fire when your application, your team, or your users post any kind of message in the channel.
- Conversations : Fetch conversations with your users and post new messages into the conversation channel.
- App Users : Read and write properties associated with a Smooch user and track events that occur during use of your application.
What can I do with it?
- Use a friendly chatbot to help converse with your users
- Send shipping updates and other notifications as part of the conversation
- Manage SMS with your favourite CRM through Smooch
- Connect Smooch to your own CRM or favourite messaging platform.
Help us make this API incredible
We're working on making our API better and better every day. That's why we'd love to get your feedback on it as we add to it and build it out so that it can be as awesome as it can be.
Follow along on Twitter to stay up to date with changes as we make them. You can also email us. If you're building against this API, let us know and we'll invite you to our team's Slack so that you can hang out with our developers and get instant help.